Sunday 6 October 2013

Well unfortunately its been a bit of a roller coaster week for me. Early this week I learned that my Dad was admitted to hospital with what they thought might be a small issue resulting in a lack of energy and low blood iron count. Unfortunately within 24hrs he and Mom were given the bad news that he has advanced cancer in the region of the liver, stomach and intestines. Tests and biopsies were taken but it will still be a week before we hear the results. At this time I'm staying with them for a few more days before I go back home.

With this in mind I did not have a lot of energy to do much new work on the lathe. All I ended up doing this past week was finish cleaning and painting the Taper attachment assembly. This item was actually in pretty good shape. A thorough cleaning and a little filing on the main bar to allow the slider to slide smoothly was all it needed. I won't be able to test it for a while but it looks pretty good. I also completely took the gearing end apart again to slide in the two brass washers I made earlier. This is now all back together and seems to work pretty good as well. Of course until the headstock is installed and everything is turning we cannot be 100% however it looks and feels good.

Well until next week all the best.

Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment